Saturday, October 21, 2006

Two Days in Trawna

In another random moment of my life I got to go to Toronto for work and a bit of time off. It was a quick two-day trip but it was jam-packed full of friendly goodness. I am always amazed at how awesome my friends and family can be to work me into their schedules on short notice and remind me how much I am loved. It is a great feeling to have good people in my life. I forget it sometimes and lately, I needed the refresher so the trip was a good one. I spent a pubby Wednesday night with Jodi and learned a lot about entrepreneurship and got some clear dating advice. I spent Thursday afternoon with my cousin and we chatted, drank, ate and shopped as if life wasn't trying to confine us at all. I think I gained 5 pounds that day. That night I had girlie catch-up time with Cathy in her NEW home. And then Friday I enjoyed some phad thai and Scott filled me in on fatherhood and basketball goodness in a quick lunch that was just right. And finally I made the trek out to my brother's NEW home (note to self: taxi on the 401 during rush hour is not fun) to hang with them and my nephew. FYI ... my nephew ROCKS! He is amazing. He calls me Gray ... it's funny. I love him to pieces. What a great way to end this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Melissa Dunne and I'm a reporter with the National Post. I'm working on a story about the different ways people pronounce Toronto and noticed your blog entey spelled it Trawna. Is it common for people in other parts of the country to use this native pronunication? If your'e interested in doing a quick interview with me about this you can e-mail at: mdunne@nationalpost.com
Thanks,
Melissa Dunne.