Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

This is my nephew cruising the pumpkin patch. I didn't get to do anything this harvest-y this year but I was exposed to more children then last year. I love my new neighbourhood. In the autumn chill on Halloween I walked out my door to hear a chorus of "Trick or Treat" echoing down the street. It was only 6pm but the little ones were out and the entire scene filled me with a warm feeling.

Halloween was a big deal for me as a child but disappeared from my social calendar in recent years. (Last year's craziness aside!) This year, my Halloween consisted of dressing as my younger self for the office.It was the best excuse - evah! - to wear my PJs to work. I wasn't going to turn it down. Besides, I think I rock the pigtails pretty well. I was the only one in costume at work (although we HAD agreed!) but that was fine. I was comfortable and cute. Another Halloween down. Who knows what will be happening next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a lovely smile. the picture of youe nephew is cool, looks like the real thrill seeker!
be blessed

Anonymous said...

very sweet ;)