Sunday, October 29, 2006

Satisfying Season

There are many things I wanted to get done today but I didn't do them all. That didn't stop it from being a great day. First of all, daylight savings time made my late noon hour wake-up feel less shameful. Then I cooked myself a full breakfast of pancakes with berries and syrup and a hot mug of tea ... mmmm. My major task of the day was doing my dishes which had piled up over the week. But even this job wasn't too bad as it spurred me on to do a full clean of my apartment. You know, a real clean - not a tidy - a clean. It was rewarding and felt good. It also took a bit of time so I did not make it out to the grocery store or read my homework chapter.

The best part of the day was my evening. Tonight I had theatre tickets with my fellow subscription buddy, Wade (Ash had bailed on us for this performance). So I indulged in a full-on dinner of salad with balsamic, lamb chops with roasted potatoes and a glass of pinot grigio (note: I am a p.g. fan - it's official). I indulged further by having dessert. And what a dessert - mango cheesecake with a raspberry mousse on top = awesome!

The play itself was excellent. It was called "The Little Years" and it was about time and opportunity. It was concise (only 70 minutes) and emotional. Very impressive direction. Afterward Wade and I crossed the street to a favourite lounge for a drink - martinis are cheap on Sundays. Pomtinis are tasty. And then home to update you all. I wish all Sundays could be like this one - even if I wasn't as productive as I would have liked. Oh well.

The last thing I would like to share is some autumn photos I took this week. As we get our extra hour of daylight it is nice to look around at what that light is illuminating these days. Fall is my favourite season and Canadian falls are truly beautiful. I hope wherever you are in the world that your Sunday was a satisfying one and the view outside is as lovely as mine.

1 comment:

one of the McTs said...

I always love your pictures! I can't quite explain it.. you have a unique perspective when you take them.. they're just so different! I guess that's why I love them so much :)
Aunty A