Saturday, October 14, 2006

Clarity, Courage and the Cosmos

For those of you who have not seen me in awhile I got a new tattoo in March. Ordinarily I would have posted that news right away but I decided to wait for two things first: 1) showing my parents - which happened in July and 2) having a moment when it made sense - which is now.

The tattoo is the chinese character for clarity. And if you have been following this blog at all, you will know that clarity has been a theme of mine this year. The placement of the tattoo is to remind me about being true to myself - being clear about what my gut tells me. It is a constant reminder to not lie to myself. It is a reminder of things I have experienced that I rather wish I had had the strength to stop. It is a reminder to be pro-active in my life.

These comments have resonance this week as I am confronted with a decision that includes all of the elements. It is about being honest with myself. It is about taking a stand for what is right for me. And it is a decision that, a year ago, I would probably have been too weak to make. Thank goodness that things change.

As well, I am receiving some cosmic reinforcement this week. Another portentous horoscope landed in my lap in the midst of my decision-making process. It offered these words...

Your addiction is obstructing you from your destiny, and yet it's also your ally. How can both be true? On the downside, your addiction diverts your energy from a deeper desire that it superficially resembles. ... On the upside, your addiction is also your ally, because it dares you to get strong and smart enough to wrestle free of its grip on you; it pushes you to summon the fierce willpower necessary to defeat the darkness within you that would obstruct you from your destiny.

I'm not going to share my addiction with you or the decision that requires attention. If you know me then you will know. And you will agree that clarity is coming to me in all sorts of good ways.

No comments: