Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Coldness

Sick today. That cold is creeping in. After inhaling airplane air, visiting with sick friends, and wandering the damp HFX streets on Saturday night I have become a germbag. It sucks.

I have a VERY busy week ahead of me and being sick is not going to be helpful. It hit Sunday but was hidden by my tiredness from the previous night so I didn't really take notice. Yesterday it haunted me at work but seemed to mellow in the evening after a good meal of comfort food. But this morning - after tossing and turning all night - I was up at 6am and FEELING it! No work for me - cancel my meetings - back to bed.

I know my body - a cold like this (fingers crossed it does not evolve into the flu!) will last me a week with late Wednesday/Thursday being the tipping point. So today is crucial for preventative measures of rest, liquids, echinacea, etc. I have never gotten a flu shot before ... but this season, as I look at my schedule ahead I'm thinking it might a be a good year to get one. I'll keep you posted. Going to fill up my hot water bottle now and try to warm up. sniff.

3 comments:

one of the McTs said...

Sending lots of healing hugs and thoughts.. I wound up sleeping on the couch last night.. they're trying to fix our rads and of course the guy thats doing the work buggered mine up so my bedroom was like an oven.. *sigh* So i'm trying to keep a cold at bay until this gets resolved- hopefully tonight *fingers crossed*
Love you
Aunty A xoxo

Raye said...

thanks for the warm thoughts Auntie A! I went out and got some Cambbell's soup JUST for this incident. It won't be as great as Wade's magic homemade chicken soup I got last spring - but it will do!

one of the McTs said...

Yes I hear you.. Thats what I miss about not having Grandma here is her chicken soup! or any or her soups for that matter ;) But yeah Campbells is good in a pinch.. *grin* Feel better soon!