Monday, April 17, 2006

How Cool is Easter?

If you're me in 2006, then Easter is pretty cool. Or at least totally satisfying which is cool. I bought a last minute (overly expensive) flight to Ontario to join my family - SURPRISE! - for the long weekend. I only missed one day so I got a full Sat/Sun combo with the parental units, the sibling, the sis-in-law, the extended gang and the nephew. In fact, we got a dad, a grandad AND a great-grandad on the deck all at the same time! Saturday was turkey dinner and Sunday was buffet brunch. I LOVE the brunch meals that have been de rigueur at family gatherings for as long as I remember. Thankfully the weather was nice enough that we could sit outside on the deck and use my new Old Navy sunglasses. We had to restrain the dog - its SO funny how much puppy is still in her even though she's 14 years old! But the entire scene was full-on family and I couldn't have asked for more. And then I went back inside and filled my plate with deviled eggs (whew! they had some heat), sliced ham, kosher pickles, fruit salad, bagels & cream cheese, tomato salad, pickled salmon, asparagus spears and mimosas just for fun. I also enjoyed some much-needed sleep. That sleep you get when you DON'T have to get up the next day. But I still managed to be up before 10 both days ... this job may have ruined me! Mom still plays Easter Bunny but in lieu of chocolate at got DVDs. Gotta love it! I got my fair share of eggie goodness at Beth's on Sunday (and another turkey dinner! YUM!) when she presented a giant steel bowl of classic Easter treats. I was in awe. The timing and length of the trip was perfect. It was exactly what a long weekend should be!

1 comment:

one of the McTs said...

Those are awesome pictures Raye! Thanks so much for posting them :) It was great seeing you!
Aunty A xoxoxoxo