Sunday, April 02, 2006

Coolest Thing to Do on a Sunday

I spent my Sunday afternoon and evening at the Junos today. After climbing out of bed at 2pm with no trace of a hangover from the MBA formal the night before - I actually made it to the Halifax Convention Centre to fulfill my volunteer gig as a "seat filler" for the event. How cool is that? Free entrance to the Junos! Seats in the lower bowl with clear views of the stage at all times. The hassle? Having to move from seat-to-seat. But it really wasn't so bad.

The set-up was amazing. The spotlights during Coldplay's performance were brilliant. The theatrics in general (Nickelbacks fire - HELLO!) transformed the basic arena into quite the event stage. I was totally entranced watching the production of the event - I've never been to a performance that was LIVE on TV before. And the bands ... I got to see Bryan Adams, Coldplay, Micheal Buble, Jully Black & the Black Eyed Peas, Divine Brown, Hedley, Nickelback, Bedouin Soundclash, Broken Social Scene, etc. for FREE and AT THE SAME TIME. It was by far, one of the niftiest things I have ever had the pleasure to do. Sweet.

1 comment:

nann said...

Very cool, I was watching for you too!