Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Errors of My Ways

Two full weeks into my new job on my own and ... ouch! A couple of time-consuming errors have made my days much longer than I hope they will be in the future. I am not a fan of my mistakes. At the moment they are revealed I feel instantly stupid. I hate that feeling. But in the end, mistakes always teach me more than any instant success. And at a job with so many details they are unavoidable in the beginning. I just wish it wasn't such a hectic and crucial time for my organization so that my learning curve wouldn't feel like such a rollercoster loop! Somedays I wake up and am afraid of what damage I may cause next. The perfectionist in me can get a little nasty. But it only takes 10 minutes in my office to relax and start the day and I know that I will be fine.

No comments: