Sunday, February 04, 2007

The D Word

Today I want to discuss the "D word" = Dating. This is a word that has meant little to me in my life. I don't think I have ever dated someone. And I have never spent my time going on dates with different people. I have a wonderful FAUX-Date system with my buddy Wade that works out nicely but it's not the same with friends. The entire dating thing is supposed to be about romantic potential. It is an old-fashioned construct for how men and women can interact to find love. And it is completely awkward.

However, in the past few months I have actually started dating. (I've always been a late bloomer!) Thanks to some random introductions and an internet connection I have been out with some new guys for social times. And it has been interesting and fun but with limited results. Currently I am working on something with potential that is moving slow but that's probably a good thing. Ahhhh ... dating. A word that holds so many connotations and (maybe) so much promise but really is about hanging out with strangers and hoping for chemistry. Hmmmm ... I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

... The R Word ...

No comments: