Monday, February 26, 2007

Visiting Seth Green's Imagination

I totally Heart Seth Green. I loved him as Oz on Buffy. I loved him as Scott Evil in the Austin Powers films. And now I love him as one half of the demented duo that created Robot Chicken. Yeah - I'm late to this clamback too (just like I was to "LOST" and "Arrested Development") but I am finally here. Shout out to Simon for introducing me to this marvelous 15 minutes of pop-culture-fueled entertainment.

The premise is that a mad scientist has built a robot chicken and he is educating said chicken in all the information of our world. What we, the viewer, gets to enjoy is a series of stop-motion sketches about the important things in life. Spoof, farce, satire, parody, joke - pick a term and it will apply as Robot Chicken takes you on a crazy tour of iconic images. For anyone who grew up in the 70s/80s, watches too many movies, and is well-versed in all things uselessly "cool" there is something in Robot Chicken for you. If not it will probably just confuse you all to hell. I offer its Empire Strikes Back spoof below.

No comments: