Sunday, February 11, 2007

Drunkity, Drunk, Drunk

It has taken two full days to recover but finally I can report on the World's Biggest Pub Crawl that was held in Halifax on Friday night. Originally I was not planning on attending this crazy event but I bowed to MBA-peer pressure and got tickets to the "sold out" circus a week before. I then convinced my co-worker Lana to be my partner-in-crime for the evening and off we went to join 3200 other Haligonians on the downtown streets. (Check us below feeling happy and later barely standing! - don't I look fabulous?!)

The evening began mellow enough (despite the Jaager-bomb shots) at 6pm and it took a few quick Keiths to get people smiling. But then it was on to the Lower Deck for an hour and a half of draught pounding and that did the trick. It is always a bad thing to have Colin & I at the Deck together and this time was no different. I really don't know where my competitive drinking spirit comes from but damn! Then it was the Red Stag where things got even worse and although I maintained my good mood it was a miracle of physics that I stayed vertical as long as I did. Of course I got my comeuppance at Bubbles Mansion where gravity finally kicked in on the dancefloor. Oh well, only fell down once - so I can't really complain! Lastly to Mercury but I don't remember much about that except that I had to go home - where I went about eating chocolate ice cream at 4am. All in all it was exactly the night I was looking for - a full-on, good-times drinkfest. And, yeah, I know I'm not a frosh anymore but sometimes its still nice to just go for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha! Too funny.. I don't know if i could drink like that any more but I remember days in Peterborough going out after work and such.. and drinking like a fish.. %) Now i have one beer and I go to sleep lol..
love ya
Aunty A