Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oscar Day Fashion

So it is Oscar Day and thanks to my cable connection I can watch red carpet activities ALL day. Really, what could be better? I am getting stoked for the event tonight and even though I have tons of work to do I have a feeling I am going to be a slacker instead. It doesn't help that I have company coming tonight - who I plan to ignore while watching the telecast. But on this red carpet afternoon, as the horrific Canadian commentators attempt to say things worthwhile, I wanted to post a review of my fave Oscar fashions from the fast few years. Previously I have missed out on the avid dress watching because "regular" cable only gives you that half hour before the show starts and only shows a slim-picking of celebrities so you never get the full effect of the red carpet satorical drama. And I love me some pretty dresses. I am sure that Kate Winslet will show up - once again - looking fabulous so lets start with her ...

Kate Winslet (blue)- my favourite dress of all time
Kate Winslet (red) - simply stunning
Cate Blanchett - one of the most delicious dresses evah
Nicole Kidman - the one that made her an icon
Renee Zellweger - gorgeous details
Charlize Theron - wonderful and original colour
Halle Berry - the best use of embroidery
Kate Hudson - goddess
Jessica Alba - an ingenue does good
Reese Witherspoon - wins ribbons for class
Salma Hayak - sexiest structure out there
Catherine Zeta Jones - making a statement
Jennifer Lopez - the green dream

No comments: