Saturday, March 25, 2006

It's a Beautiful Day

Today was a day that evolved from nothing into a fantastic afternoon with friends. With a blast of warm spring weather in the air, Greg, Wade and myself took some time to head to a hiking trail at Long Lake. For two hours we trekked in the quiet bush. I even tried out my digital camera on some "nature shots". I felt so relaxed and energized at once by being outside for the afternoon. And I loved the spring freshness in the green moss, the random patches of ice, and the squelchy mud that (thankfully) had not overrun the trail yet. Halfway through we sat in the sunshine and talked. Wade made "art" out of dry grass. I hope to have many more days like this: easy and free and full of friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures! It's a gorgeous day here today, which means neither the kiddies nor I could really focus. Should've taken them on a hike.