Friday, March 03, 2006

Bio Blog #2 ... Natalie

This week I present Natalie - my best friend. She can get by on the one-name-thing cause almost everyone who knows me has heard of her. I have known her for 23 years. Truth be told, she is my Jiminy Cricket. I'm off to visit her (and her fantastic husband) this weekend when we will talk for hours, drink tasty martinis and engage in delicious cooking rituals. I will be nourished in all the good things in life by the time I get back - thanks to Nat for that!

I am ... quirky, bookish, and full of opinions.
I can ... imagine everything and plan nothing.
I love ... a small number of people with a large amount of ferocity.
I will ... never dedicate my life to acquisition.

What is your sign? Sagitarius
Where were you born? Sudbury
Where do you live now? Montreal

What has been the best place you've visited in between and why?
I spent a year in the South of France when I was 19. I had never lived outside of Sudbury before and France made me understand beauty. Poetry meant something after that. I went back for a month at 28 with my husband Blair, and I had no idea how much more beautiful beauty could be when you're in love.

What is your favourite:
Movie - Moulin Rouge
Book - Possession, by A.S. Byatt
TV Show - The Office (British version)
Drink - Red wine

Who is your celebrity hottie of choice?
Mark Ruffalo ... and Colin Firth ten years ago

If you could have lunch with anyone in the world ... who would it be and why?
Can it be someone dead? If so, then Sigmund Freud. I think it would make a funny story. ("And then I ordered sausages, and he was like 'Very interesting choice, my dear . . . '")

How do you know Raye?
We met at school in grade 3 and used to play make believe and My Little Pony in the woods together.

What 3 words would you use to describe Raye?
Ebullient ... Imaginative ... Fun

Do you have your own website? No

No comments: