Saturday, March 11, 2006

Bringing Back the Ben

Armageddon was on TV this afternoon and it reminded me how much I love Ben. The movie represents the moment when Ben's glory days began. It was his first star project after Good Will Hunting and the studio had gotten him a personal trainer and invested in some new teeth. He was in the midst of his prom-king&queen relationship with Gwyneth Paltrow. It was the summer of 1998 and he was beautiful.

Recently, my dear friend Nann reminded me of my Ben lust. It had been tarnished by the Jlo style-tan and the succeeding decline into ragged scruffiness. Add the poor movie selection and smoking habit and I was starting to doubt my boy Ben. But today I remembered why he is my celeb hottie of choice. And as I looked back at my dating choices over the years I realized that there is not a Ben in the bunch. In fact, there have been a lot of anti-Bens. No one tall. No one dark. No one handsome in that Han-Solo-kind-of-way. I think it's time that changed.

No comments: