Monday, March 13, 2006

Bio-Blog #3 ... Nann

A little bit late on the bio-blog this week. It's that time of year when alive = busy.This time I present my dearest friend from the west coast - Nann. We have been friends for almost 7 years (WOW! where did the time go?) and she was my saving grace in 1998. Now she lives on the completely opposite side of the country as me and we don't get to see each other nearly enough - my attempts to get her to live in Ontario with me failed utterly. Oh well, she has stayed my friend through thick and thin and - for me? - that's the most important thing. We will be reunited someday soon. For now, I offer this insight into one of my bestest gals.

I am ... a nannconformist
I can ... write and pick things up with my toes
I love ... the memories that some smells invoke - especially the ones that remind me of "home"
I will ... never compromise myself

What is your sign? A moderately well-balanced Libra
Where were you born? Ashcroft, BC
Where do you live now? Cloverdale, BC

What has been the best place you've visited in between and why? Clare, Nova Scotia. Maybe it was because I was there in August (3rd rotation in my Katimavik experience) - but it seemed to me that no matter what the weather was like - it was always beautiful. Even when the fog rolled in and you couldn't see two feet in front of you - we would walk on the beach when the tide was out and it was just magical.

What is your favorite:
Movie - Breakfast at Tiffany's
Book - Fall On Your Knees, by Ann-Marie MacDonald
TV Show - Simpsons will always be the front runner, I think. But right now - I am very much into House, Grey's Anatomy...and,uh...America's Next Top Model....don't tell anyone.
Drink - Rum n' Coke

Who is your celebrity hottie of choice? Joaquin Phoenix. He's had the most staying power so far, kind like your Ben. But, like Nat, I also went through a Colin Firth phase.

If you could have lunch with anyone in the world ... who would it be and why?
Frank Black because he's creative and brilliant. He's also got the best wail in rock music and he can scream everything at me when we're talking if he wanted to .... it's be like having lunch with Bobcat Goldthwait - but I don't care.

How do you know Raye?
I met Raye when I was 18 in Hinton, AB. She quickly became my savior, roommate and dancing/drinking partner. She still continues to be a rock...and be rockin'. On top of that - she is the only person in the entire world that I can shop with.

What 3 words would you use to describe Raye?
Just. Wickedly. Awesome.
That's three right? Also - Smart. fun. determined. non-stoppable. Woman.

Do you have your own website?
Yes, I do http://falteringme.blogspot.com but have patience - I don't really know what I'm doing yet.

No comments: