Saturday, June 24, 2006

Super Saturday

Do you know what I do on Saturdays? I cook a good meal. I open a cold beer. I sit down and watch CFL football. It may not be the most social of activities but I look forward to it immensely. It feels SO good to kick back and relax this way.

Today was a rain-soaked day on the coast. But it was warm. Today I decided to go and get myself a new TV. Recently, my television has been experiencing electronic menopause. The colour has been fading in and out. It is having a harding time keeping up with the digital innovations of sound and contrast on cable and DVD. I was reluctant to replace it because it has been such a good $45-second-hand investment since 2002.

But I got a new one anyway. I even upgraded by 4 inches and a sleeker silver design. Once I got it home I had to re-organize my living room layout because it was JUST that fraction too big to fit in my entertainment unit. Oh well - I'm totally happy with the new set-up. And WOW - what a difference it makes with the DVD watching. The best $160 I have spent in a while. And just in time for the game!

2 comments:

Growing Opportunities said...

Is this your living room? It looks awesome! And so adult-like. As much as I like my house, I do feel a bit like a student and I do look forward to living alone and like an adult again. One day!

Raye said...

Yep - that is my living room in all it primary-colored goodness. But it will even better when I move and I don't have the industrial tile floor and the institutional windows! Of course the ceiling will be 3 feet lower - but everything is a compromise.