Monday, February 27, 2006

Me, Myself is Meredith

Yes, another post about my favourite show. It appears that Meredith is taking a lot of flack from fans for recent behavior vis-a-vis George. Yesterday's episode is being criticized for being a downer and for harming the core characters relationships beyond repair. I, personally, thought the episode was brilliant. I also found it to be a little scary. You see, as villified as she is, I am Meredith Grey. I may not have the frog-smile or be a fishstick. And I like to think that my eyes are more fabulous. But as far as her flawed character goes? I am her.Let's compare...

1. Men issues related to rejection by & absence of father ... CHECK!
2. Tendency to use alcohol and/or sex to quell sadness & pain ... CHECK!
3. Attraction to emotionally unavailable men of dreamy status ... CHECK!
4. Forgetful of personal strengths due to relationship obsessing ... CHECK!
5. Childhood view of mother who was impossible to live up to ... CHECK!
6. Realization that mother is not a superhero ... CHECK!
7. Lost as to how to deal with mother's frailties ... CHECK!
8. One good friend that always says it like it is ... CHECK!
And her two most recently revealed attributes:
9. Will sleep with a decent male friend for the wrong reasons ... CHECK!
10. Will trick herself into believing she can be "just friends" ... CHECK!

Seriously, who needs self-help when there is "Grey's Anatomy"! :)

NOTE: Since my best friend fails to comment on my site that much ... I add a recent email comment that came under the subject "Yes, you are Meredith":
After B. and I watched Grey's Anatomy last night, I
looked over at him and said "Raye," to which he
replied "No kidding." Nice comparison chart on your
blog, by the way.

No comments: