Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"Don't Waste the Pretty"

Woah - I have posted every day for a week! That means a)I didn't have a stimulating spring break or b)the break gave me fodder for blogging.

One of the things I did do on this past week was break down and read the infamous trash book "he's just not that into you" (or rather I read the adbridged version that skips all the sad-sack stories - thank goodness! - in place of wise tidbits). And although this line was made famous on "Sex and the City" by a man who broke up with Carrie on a Post-It Note (hence the complimentary nephew pic!) - there are some truths to be had.

And, on the heels of my last self-indulgent post ... good things for me to internalize. I may just have to use some of my neon post-its and stick kindly reminders to myself. Some of my faves:

"Better than nothing is not good enough for [me]."

"There's a guy out there who will want to tell everyone that he's your boyfriend. Quit goofing around and go find him."

"... No matter how powerful and real your feelings may be for someone, if that person cannot fully and honestly return them and therefore actively love you back, these feelings mean nothing."

"Make space in your life for the glorious things your deserve."

"From this moment on ... make a solemn vow about your future relationships: no more murky, no more grey, no more unidentified, and no more undeclared. And, if at all possible, try to know someone as best you can before you get naked with them."

(are you listening Meredith?)

No comments: