Friday, February 10, 2006

Clear as Will Be

There has been a recent shift in my thinking these days. After weathering a month of hurt, hope and heartache I figured it was time to finally do some healing. Not just healing of the immediate things, but an overall reflection and reconstruction of myself. My theme for this process is "clarity".

Once before this word had resonance for me ... my yearbook quote the year I graduated from highschool stated that "you must strive to see clearly around you" from Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo. But this time, the clarity is different. Whereas Dumas' hero must be wary of the enemies around him, I must be wary of my enemy within. My new search is about striving to see ME clearly. It's an exciting and empowering time echoed in a weekly paper's horoscope last week that began with a quote from one of my favourite authors (OH! the convergence!)...

"We are what we pretend to be," wrote author Kurt Vonnegut, "so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." This is excellent advice to keep at the forefront of your awareness during the coming weeks, Pisces. ... There's not necessarily anything wrong with playing a role if that role is in alignment with your highest values. In fact, to make believe that you are the person you want to be is an excellent strategy for actually becoming the person you want to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again,

Excellent quote. My favourite similar quote is from The Dalai Lama in a book of his..."Your future is determined by your present state of mind." This means your future is determined by your attitude today. Create in your mind who you want to become.

- Peter L.

Growing Opportunities said...

I'm also a big fan of the Bridget Jones' philosophy of "Inner Poise". It works in a surprising number of situations...

kodeureum said...

My favourite self-revelatory quote? Hard to say. Perhaps Robin Williams doing Groucho: "Harry Krishna, Harry Rama. Harry Rama, Harry Krishna."
Works for me. Stress and intonation are everything.