Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pumpkin Princess

Every year my brother and sis-in-law take the kids to the pumpkin farm. Last year there was only Tag. This year Maebe gets to go for the visit. It's funny that the two of them have such different personalities. Tag is a cheeky monkey and was always a camera star. Maebe has the introspective and contemplative look about her. She also still has all that crazy hair which I think is the cutest thing ever!


I must admit to missing the little munchkins although I barely know them. It is an interesting feeling to feel so drawn to something without any long-standing context to back up the desire. But whenever I see pictures of them I just want to hop on a plane and go hug them. I guess that makes me a typical aunt. And I guess it's easy to be so gushy because I don't see them at their worst. But I know I would love them anyway. Tag and Maebe are the true bounty of my Thanksgiving and they are the best treats for my Halloween.

No comments: