Monday, October 22, 2007

Cycle Blog - Day 1

A new series on my blog begins today. I have committed to a plan to cycle in the mornings with my friend Wade. He has promised to be my "coach" so I can actually be active. This plan entails riding a bike for an hour+ starting at 6:30AM. I haven't been on a bike for any length of time since 2001. This mini-blog will track the progress of this endeavour (place your bets now!).

Today was the start. It was still black when we hit the streets and only a sliver of gold & crimson was on the water when we got to the shore at Point Pleasant. I had trouble with the gears. And my chest burned. When I had to sprint down Young Avenue my legs ached. At the end of the ride my body was humming. It was humming jelly. And when I stepped off the bike my right leg almost gave out completely. Apparently I only got a 30-min warmup and about 10 mins of actual exercise accomplished today. But it was a start.

No comments: