Tuesday, October 30, 2007

No Cycle Blog - Sick Day

Yesterday's ride ended in a wheezing and coughing fit that lasted all day and got worse as the hours went by. By 9pm I was a mucus mess with a mild fever and aching bones. So I called off the ride for today thinking that 0-degree exercise at 6am was not the best thing for me. Wade's response was that this was to be expected. It was inevitable that I would get sick as my body adjusted. THIS is the hard part. I need to eat well, sleep lots and be ready to go back out in a few days. Don't quit. Just fight. Well, the sleeping thing isn't a problem because it's ALL I want to do - even though I have a major assignment to write. But the clogged throat, foggy brain and wrecked body are definately not enjoyable. Let's see how long I last.

No comments: