Thursday, March 01, 2007

Me as a Baobob Tree

This is another horoscope post because I haven't done one of those in awhile and I found this week wonderfully complimentary and inspiring (thanks Rob!). Anyway, the picture is of a baobob tree and I didn't take it (although it totally looks like one I would take) and it is the theme of my horoscope...

Native to Africa and Australia, baobob trees are oddly beautiful, with thick, bulbous trunks that can grow partially hollow and thus serve as shelters for people and animals. They have an enormous capacity for storing water, allowing them to survive droughts. Humans carve and paint their fruits, making them into ornaments, and also use their leaves, fruits and bark for food and drink. The tree's large white flowers open only at night and are pollinated by bats. In all these ways, you remind me of a baobob right now, Pisces. You're freakishly gorgeous, have enormous staying power and hundreds of uses, are a rich source of nourishment and comfort, and bloom under the moonlight, when you do your best collaborative work.

I like the affirmation in this horoscope as it fits my rejuvenating mood these days. It also helps that a friend of mine said I am ALL of those things just two days ago. Here's hoping I can keep up the momentum in the months ahead.

No comments: