Sunday, May 28, 2006

Wanting What You've Got

I little update on the universe in general today. First of all, could my nephew be cuter? Seriously, he is amazing. As it turns out, my brother has moved one step closer to the full adult package with the acquisition of his first home. I didn't even know. Nobody told me. I should have guessed cause my mom was doing the "call-your-brother" thing and that usually means news.

As for me? I have secured a new apartment for my next year of life in Halifax. It's a basement place but is bright and clean. My only concession is that I won't have a bathtub - I hope I survive. Work continues to go very well. I really like my job. I found out this week that I got the highest score on the interview accounting exam in the last 3 years. Guess I know some stuff afterall. My lily plant is flourishing. My thumb apparantly having a bit of green in it afterall.

My only struggle continues to be a social one. I feel disconnected from my life. I have removed myself from a friendship that meant alot to me and I miss it. As Cathy and I discussed, it can be hard to see some of things you want in life when they appear so FAR away from what you have now. But I have to keep smiling. There are so many good things going on these days and I just need to remember to be true to me. Besides, I always have pics of the little guy to make me smile!

1 comment:

one of the McTs said...

Hey there... You'll have to send me your new address once your moved. I had no idea either that they'd bought a home.. I knew they were looking .. lol mind you, your mom and I are on opposite shifts so we dont' get to talk very often... Love ya!
Aunty A xoxo