Sunday, May 07, 2006

Springtime

April Showers bring May Flowers

The darling buds of May are popping all over Halifax. Today was full of warm spring weather and the you could almost see the blossoms exploding and the leaves unfurling. I took a tour downtown and read in the Public Gardens for an hour and I believe the world was definately greener on the walk back! I am a sucker for sprintime flowers because they appear in adundent bouquets on naked tree branches. I am always amazed to see the trees in full-petal before the leaves come in..

But one of the images that will always remind me of HFX springtime is the bright yellow bushes that are EVERYWHERE. They are in yards, on public grounds, in random grassy corners. With no leaves on them they look like living sunshine. So I took the pics above, laying on my back below the boughs of two large bushes in the gardens. The arches of canary blooms make the most wonderful contrast against a cloudless blue sky. That is what spring looks like.

1 comment:

one of the McTs said...

Great Pictures Raye! :) xo
Aunty Allison