Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Rocking My FanGirl

OK ... can't contain it any longer. I saw INXS in concert tonight. I want to scream - ok did that. I want to dance - ok did that. I want to jump up and down like a crazy fangirl on speed - ok did that as well. I cannot explain the joy of seeing this band in concert. They have been a FAVE band for years and my dream of seeing them perform has been in my mind since 1989. The last time INXS did a big tour it was the fall of 1997 and I missed it. And then, sadly, Hutchence was dead 3 weeks later and INXS was no more. But in the summer of 2005 we got "Rockstar:INXS" on TV and a guilty pleasure became the star-making machine for JD Fortune (a maritime boy no less) and INXS was back.

So tonight there was me and 5 galpals in the nosebleed section of the Metro Centre stands to take in the show. Really, my behaviour was completely front row fan. I almost thought I was going to fall over on the row in front of me. SOOOOOO good. The older songs played much better as they have the history behind them. And although I was never JD's biggest fan on the show - he sells it on stage. The man is in love with being a rockstar. He has gotten to the point where his confidence has become seductive and he works it. He gets almost vulgar (I think his mic stand was adequately molested during the show) and it becomes intoxicating. He is a genuine frontman and although he will never be able to sing "Never Tear Us Apart" like Hutchence, he does the upbeat tracks really well. All told, I couldn't have asked for more. Oh well, maybe they could have sung "Elegantly Wasted" ... but you can't have everything.

No comments: