Sunday, August 14, 2005

Thanking My Lucky Stars

I've only been alone in Halifax for a week. However, the alone-ness I experience is nullified on the weekends. Why? Because I actually have a contact in this city (actually, more than one - shout out to Myriam) due to my involvement in a certain youth program. It has happened that dear Laura (the lovely blond in the black top) lives in this city AND she has been more than welcoming in her invites. So, for two Saturdays in a row, I have had the good fortune of hanging with Laura and going out with her marvelous roomies A and C and the "random man" who was visiting them at the time. We hit the Pogue Fado for both nights and it was a blast. Leave it to me to chat up the MBA from Ontario. It takes one to find one, I guess. At least it is all good times ... even if I am all theory (and therefore full of B.S.) right A? Better yet, it gets me out of my apartment and into the Halifax nightlife and I couldn't ask for anything for more! (ok, an MBA from HFX might help ;).

No comments: