Monday, August 08, 2005

The Infomercials Were Right!

As I come to the end of my first week in my new place, I want to comment on two inventions that have made living on my own so easy...

The first is the George Foreman grill. I have a mini version that Tom gave me and it rocks. I can cook chicken breast (sliced in half) in 3 minutes. It gives the meat this nice toasted look as well. And, it cleans up quite easy. I'm sure that I will be using it extensively in the coming year.

The second appliance is my Miracle Bullet - a graduation gift from my brother and sister-in-law. My addiction to smoothies prompted this purchase and I have to thank them for it now. My bullet (the store version of the famous Magic Bullet ... as seen on TV!) blends a super smoothie in minimal time. The availability of jumbo bags of frozen berries in this town also helps. I haven't had the opportunity to use all the Bullet attachments yet (I also have a blender and juicer for it) but the preview is totally positive. Cindy, if you're reading this ... Buy a Bullet Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Raye - thanks for the update. I've moved on from wanting a Miracle Bullet to wanting an IPOD. Any word on that? :) hope you are having fun!

Raye said...

i'd skip the IPOD - i've heard nothing but fad-product problems about them and they'll be outdated soon.
However, this advice could be safely ignored as I have discovered that I am a LATE adopter to any form of technology (as this post proves) and therefore completely ill-equipped to advise.