Monday, November 26, 2007

Grey Day

It came and went again. The 95th Grey Cup filled up my Sunday evening with high hopes of prairie-filled joy and a battle to the last down. And I was not disappointed. The game was exceptional - if lacking in scoring. With Bomber QB Kevin Glenn out of the game (after last week's broken arm!) it appeared that the Riders were in a favoured position. And although I was hoping for my birthplace province to take the big prize, I knew it wouldn't be guaranteed. And luckily I was right. The game was a tough fight with the defense doing most of the work. Without many memorable plays I found myself turning my attention to other highlights on the big screen. These would include the Brady-esque hotness of backup QB Ryan Dinwiddie and the song stylings of Lenny Kravitz. Yummy.

As for this year's party and can only offer a bit of "meh". I know, sounds horrible. And this is not to say that it was not a fun affair - it always is. But, a mellow vibe, a new location, a lackluster drinking game attempt and some new non-baller fans made for a social gathering a little low on the fanaticism of past years. I offered my sincerity to the rum gods and Ash provided his usual BBQ goodness but at the end of it all it was rather anti-climatic. Still, I can only say how lucky I am to have CFL friends and generally awesome social group that will put up with me while I yell at the screen and chug my drinks in the corner. Can't wait for next year in Montreal ... I am SO going to be there!!


Grey Cup 2005 ... Grey Cup 2006

No comments: