Monday, November 19, 2007

Small Screen Crushes

I must admit to a new TV crush these days. Since September I have been watching "Dirty Sexy Money" for the soap factor and Donald Sutherland's voice. However, over the course of that time I have fallen completely for the unassuming and wonderful handsomeness of Peter Krause. This is a change for me because I had never really noticed Krause before in spite of all the press done for "Six Feet Under" (which I have yet to watch). But Krause is fantastic. He has a genuine quality on screen that is devastating. He is a man's man. He loves his wife and daughter. He has a great smile. He looks wonderful in a suit. Hell, even his side-burns get me hot under the collar. That is how good he is. That is what makes him crush-worthy. And then I got thinking about it and realized that at the age of 42 Krause is obviously a MAN and my crushes are finally reaching some maturity. Which made me think of who else is curling my toes on the small screen this season:

Eric Dane (35) - I have to say that the new season of "Grey's Anatomy" is being very good to McSteamy.

Taye Diggs (36) - If you saw the November 15 episode of "Private Practice" then you understand that he is still ALL about getting a women's groove back!

Matthew Settle (38) - Playing the dad on the teen soap "Gossip Girl" is not the easiest gig but somehow he manages to make a charater named Rufus totally sexy.

David Boreanaz (38) - Always nice to have a past crush still on the list this time trading the brooding for the wise-cracking on "Bones".

Michael Vartan (39) - Being the victim of adultery and a CEO never looked so good as when Vartan is the good guy on "Big Shots".

Blair Underwood (43) - Playing the maybe bad guy on "Dirty Sexy Money" looks good on him - as do the jeans and fitted leather jackets.

Dylan McDermott (46) - The stubble makes the all difference here as McDermott manages to make a philanderer a smoldering and sincere treat on "Big Shots".

Tim Daly (51!) - The joke may be that Addison moved to L.A. for his kiss but watching him on "Private Practice" and you are inclined to agree it was worth it.

2 comments:

Growing Opportunities said...

Holy crap. I had no idea on all those ages. Maybe we are growing up... although the fact that you actually watch Gossip Girl may negate that... ;)

Kat said...

I 100% agree with your list Raye!!