Friday, November 09, 2007

Cycle Blog - Day 9

At three weeks in this should really be Cycle Blog #15 ... that was the plan anyway. But life has a way of getting in the way of plans, especially early morining ones. Today was chilly. Zero degrees - so I put on my polar fleece leggings and it helped. But, my toes did get cold. The goal for today was 10 laps on Young Ave. which would be 20kms. I got 7 of them done in our allotted time. The thing about the laps is that my muscles really start to feel it. Unlike the diverse terrain (namely the death hills) of cycling around the neighbourhood, the laps get my body into a rhythm and it becomes much easier to find my weaknesses. Namely, my thighs. But it wasn't all bad. I am actually starting to mentally enjoy getting up early and starting my day this way. And with each lap the sun was getting higher and shining in autumn gold through the leaves of Point Pleasant Park (which is at the end of the street). It was a lovely distraction.

Here are some sunny leaves taken on a different - more leisurely - day:

...

No comments: