Friday, September 08, 2006

On the Horizon

I was sick today. Like, crappy, tummy-achey, spewing sick. I can't figure out where it came from but I think a combination of poor food, chick stuff and stress had something to do with it. Whatever the cause it made today a sucky one. So I stayed home from work to sleep it off. Ordinarily that would be a good plan except that I have SO MUCH to do in the coming weeks.

I admit to feeling the pressure of my life in a weighty way these days. Work is hectic. School has begun again. Research is stalled. Volunteerism is busy. Social life is wonderfully weird. All these elements together are creating a cacaphony of thougths and emotions in my head that is almost unbearable. And at times like this my body goes "Woah - slow down!" or, as was the case today, it just shuts off. Which makes me realize I need to do some serious reflection again. I need to find MY focus. And then I get my new horoscope...

"There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept," said photographer Ansel Adams. That advice should be uppermost in your mind as you follow your bliss to the next fork in the road. Although you've got good intuitions about the hopeful scenario that's fueling you, the fantasy still needs to be fleshed out a lot more. Unless you make it more specific and detailed, it will eventually fizzle. Here's your assignment: By the equinox, create a vivid image of a well-crafted, intricately imagined goal.

So what is it on my horizon? Which way should I be setting my sails? The equinox is in two weeks - will anything make sense by then? If it does I will let you know.

No comments: