Monday, September 18, 2006

Fit

The notion of "fit" has been in my thoughts lately. Not in that physcial fitness way. Nor in the fit of my jeans way. Not even in the British slang for hotness way. I have been thinking of fit in the way that you think of people in your life and how they connect together to turn the pieces of your life into a full picture. And how some people just FIT. Currently I have something new in my life that consistently amazes me with its easy fit. Its good fit. Its fulfilling fit. And I am calmly awed by my luck at finding another element that feels right for the puzzle of my life.

Last May I used the puzzle piece metaphor to talk about compatibility and how important it was that the pieces match in shape and colour. Now I understand that the pieces must be somewhat different to fit. Not so different that they come from completely different puzzles but the colour cannot be the same because the image emerging will never be uniform. And if the shapes match perfectly they may lay beside each other but they will never fit together. AHA! So I must express my modified metaphor. This one is infused with the thoughts that are circling in my brain as I challenge myself to continually find the best pieces for my puzzle. Oh, and relish the addition of a particularly nice one.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Raye, the mystery of your life continues to intrigue me. I do know what you mean about "fitting" though. Shane and I just fit. Being a mother just fits. My new business venture just fits. It's exciting when things feel so natural and right. Enjoy!

Kat said...

I can't wait to see you so you can give me the details...if you don't give them willingly, Max will charm them out of you ;-)