Friday, June 17, 2005

Wedding Bells on Labour Day Anyone?

It's official. News reports confirm that Tom Cruise has finally proposed to Katie Holmes and she has accepted. And he did it all romantic-like atop the Eiffel Tower. Does anyone else need a bucket yet?

Frankly I don't get these two. Least of all the fact that Ms. Holmes got engaged (to a man she's "dated" for two months) less than 6 months after a broken engagement (to a man she was with for 5 years). I mean, that doesn't seem like very solid ground to me. Further, I would be skeptical about putting my life in the hands of Mr. Cruise. He obviously likes strong women, he just has a hard time staying with them, not that Katie shows evidence of being strong as she continues to be steam-rolled into matrimony, so maybe it is a good fit. The age thing is another point. It normally wouldn't bother me (I like Angelina, 29, and Brad, 41, just fine thank you), exept that Katie doesn't really seem to be that grown up yet. There is just an icky vibe there that I can't quite explain.

Oh well. It's gonna happen. Cruise has to nail down this romance and prove that is was love destiny and not a mid-life crisis. Katie gets to play house with the most powerful star in Hollywood. But no matter how hard they try, this twosome will never be a golden couple, they just don't have it. Good Luck to them both.

No comments: