Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Fishy Thoughts

Recently I've been struggling with thoughts about life, love and my place and potential in it all. I have been spending my days combing through my possessions at my parents' place trying to determine what I will keep in my life. Today I came across a horoscope page that I had chosen to tuck away in a random box of collectables and rememberances. Upon reading it again, it is clear that sometimes you find that stellar description that just makes sense.
We see ourselves with a fractured view that is part reality and part hope. We have friends and family that help us to see those things to which we are blind. In a conversation with my dearest friend, a number of "truths" about myself were discussed. I am notorious for not conceding or admitting these things. But this scrap of astrological wisdom does capture many of them - at least to me.

Fears & Anxieties
"You often feel more vulnerable than you are willing to admit and tend to build a wall to hide your frailties. Being the sign of secrets, you keep your fears locked deep inside of you. When your heart and imagination are touched by love, you become shy and frightened that your feelings will not be returned with equal intensity."

Strengths
"You are a romantic with exquisite sensibilities and extraordinary imagination. When inspired, you can create the most romantic atmosphere to encourage a deep attachment. Your only problem is that your longing for magic is usually greater than what any living, mortal man can satisfy."

Ideal Match
"You resonate to men who can transform the grind of the mundane into a multicoloured extravaganza. You adore sponteneity and the sense that by being in love you are suspended from all the boring things in life that seem confining. Therefore, a man with a colourful imagination not only to match yours but to inspire it is most definitely your ideal."

How to Be Your Best
"You have a nature whose creative genius needs inspiring. Unfortunately, this sort of love is not easy to find on planet Earth. However, you also possess the power to create magic from you mind. Therefore, hold on to your dreams and make the most of your imagination. Be your unique self and create your own world from your visions. The one area you need to work on is your propensity to create false princes. Blinded by your need for fairy tales, you often project your dreams onto men who ultimately cannot meet your expectations. Maintain a vision of your ideal soul mate locked in your imagination, but be realistic about those who possess enough flair to play the part - if only for a few moments."

No comments: