Wednesday, June 22, 2005

These Are a Few of My Favourite Things

A nod to some of the things that I am thoroughly enjoying these days...

1 = Cadbury's Dairy Milk bars. I eat them constantly. The FULL bars. I tried to downgrade to the mini-100 calories only-bars but had to eat two of them to be satisfied. It has been said that you should by stock in a company you support. Without reservations I support Cadburys. Today I tried the new Cadbury "Delight" bar which claims to have 80% less sugar. Let me just say, that's NOT a good thing when eating chocolate. So bring on the regular 18-square confection. Mmmmmmmmmm.


2 = The joy of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in syndication on the Space Channel. My parents recently got satellite TV and my greatest enjoyment has come from watching the 3pm showing of Buffy each day - I'm unemployed, I can do these things. And, serendipitously for me, the series has reached the Riley year! Riley has always been my favourite Buffy man. Corn-fed Iowa boy that he was. My crushing on Marc Blucas began at this point and it's a summer treat to be able to watch it all again.



3 = The arrival of my new sunglasses had me smiling in the sunshine all day long. Although I will never look as cool as ms. trinity here, I can now drive without that pained squinty look in my eyes. For the first time in my life I have prescription shades. Thanks to Sears for the extraordinary sale that got me two pairs of glasses (one for the sun) for a mere $200. That's a good deal. So bring on the spectator sports, the afternoon concerts and the roadtrips - I can finally see it all!

No comments: