Monday, April 07, 2008

His Crushworthiness

Yes, time to extoll the virtues of another crush of mine as his recent appearance in the Man of Style section of my In Style magazine suggests he is about to become a BIG name. Interesting his characteristics are the complete opposite of my last crushboy - James McAvoy. So meet Gerard Butler. My first notice of him was in the Lara Croft sequel where he romanced Angelina Jolie with so much masculine charm I thought the screen might melt. Since that time he has been a cinematic favourite of mine (although I did skip out on The Phantom of the Opera).

The thing about Butler is that he manages to be manly and soft at the same time. He has eyes that burn right into you and arms so sculpted you want to be held in them for days. He has somehow managed to be an action star and a romantic lead with equal skill and this mix is what makes true crushes worthy. A native of Scotland, Butler's big break was obviously 2006's 300 but the ladies will launch him to stardom based on his work in last year's P.S. I Love You. I challenge anyone to find a more perfect, sexy and romantic leading man than Butler in that film. I was reminded of Butler this week as the ads for the family adventure film Nim's Island kept popping up on TV. There are also rumours around that he is dating Cameron Diaz which I really hope is untrue. Still I am taking some time to honour his crushworthiness before the bandwagon gets too crowded and there is no longer any room for my swooning self.

No comments: