Monday, August 27, 2007

When was the Last Time you were Awake for 24hrs?

If you are me, that question would be answered with "this weekend" and in spite of the tiredness it induced it was great fun and totally unexpected. I love those moments in your life when things just keep rolling and all you can do is try to keep up. The past week was a busy one - I was on the road training staff and that can be exhausting. As it turns out my travels took me to Edmundston, NB for a couple of days. What a cute little town it is. It also has a video store with the BEST sales (3 for $15) on previously-viewed movies so I was a very happy camper.

After all the training was done I had my 8 hour drive on Saturday back home. I got up at 8am and was on the road by 9 - a big feat for me, especially on a weekend! My plan included a pit stop in Shediac to visit an great friend with a fabulous place on the beach. What a wonderful day to spend outside on the coast. OK - it WAS a little bit sweaty but I was playing bocci ball so I was being (sorta) active! After some laughs and some beer it was time to hit the road again - don't worry I was responsible! It was very tempting to stay and enjoy the sure-to-be-excellent food and the beach bonfire but I had elswhere to be!

So back to HFX in order to slip into a dress, do some makeup and head over to a wine & cheese party for the night. What a great event. The premise is that everyone brings a bottle of wine but keeps the identity hidden. So you spend the night trying wines with no notions about them. This allows you try things you might not normally and get monumentally drunk without thinking about it. The atmosphere was perfect and the crowd was in for a good time. I could not have had more fun. But of course it can't stop there so I had to host a little post-party to keep things interesting and keep me awake until the next 8am. Thus ... my 24hrs. WHEW!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How did you manage those final two hours?! The only thing on my mind the entire trip home was bed.

Breakfast did cross my mind briefly, I'd have been face down in my eggs though.

Your hospitality was very much appreciated! Despite my sleep deprived crankiness.