Saturday, August 04, 2007

If It Feels Good Do It

Sloan came to Halifax last night. I have been trying to see the band for quite some time but the dates just never gelled with other things in my life. But last night they were here and playing The Marquee. The Marquee is a great music club that is like going to Lee's Palace in Toronto or the Capital in Ottawa. It makes is fine - small - venue to see a band play. So needless to say, I was stoked about the opportunity. But then I had to find someone to see the concert with me. OK - if it had been a real crunch I may have gone alone but that wasn't my preference. So cheers to Anna for accepting my invitation. But then I had a very heavy week at work and got no sleep on Thursday night so when it came time to get ready on Friday I was almost about to bail on the entire plan. What was I thinking!? The concert was EXCELLENT. We go there just as Sloan took the stage and played a rock-fueled 90 minutes of awesomeness before heading home again. All my faves were played. It was so invigorating to be in the crowd. I loved it. It did not disappoint. And now I have one more concert "to-do" to check off my list.

No comments: