Thursday, August 02, 2007

Atlantic Anniversary #2

This week marks my second anniversary in Halifax. I never planned to be here this long but time flies when you are living life in a fantastic city on the coast. In the last year I have managed to get good at my job and still keep my A average at school. I have actually written a few words for my research paper and managed to date more than ever before. These are all good things. Work helped me to travel a good portion of the Atlantic provinces and fun friends added other road trips like this shot from Hopewell Rocks, NB. I have also confirmed some of my favourite things:

- lamb souvlaki dinners from Athens
- italian gelato from Bottecelli's
- chai lattes from Caffe Ristretto
- late night grocery shopping at the 24-hr Sobeys
- quickie trips to Peggy's Cove
- the fantastic student subscription at the Neptune Theatre
- fish'n'chips from Phil's
- Lawrencetown, Crystal Crescent and Clam Harbour
- the Public Gardens on a sunny day
- Shakespeare by the Sea at Point Pleasant Park
- knowing how to avoid the Armdale Rotary
- swimming after work at the lake
- my football guys (they know who they are!)

In all, life here is pretty good. I only wish more of my closest friends were nearby. I have at least one year left on this edge of the country. If you have a desire to visit you better get out here!

... Year 1 ...

No comments: