Friday, August 10, 2007

Maebe Motivation

Just to make sure that I don't contribute to the development of a second-child complex for Maebe I thought I would post another pic of my darling neice. This is another chance for me to gush about her awesomeness.

Actually, today is a busy and tiring one for me so I wish I could be sleeping as peacefully as this little pumpkin here. I am really struggling with balance in my life these days. I am feeling completely caged by my work, school, and volunteer obligations and when I get like this I start to get sick and shut down. I have realized that I haven't committed to a job location for more than a year so I think I have itchy-work-feet!

The other stressor is my anxiety over what my "plan" is for the future. I know that I am not satisfied with my current life situation but I am feeling completely overwhelmed about what to do/where to go next. The arrival of Maebe has really made me think about being closer to my family and that requires some planning. I am working towards a May graduation and that requires effort. But I find my motivations depleted these days. I have lost my life inspiration and I am not sure where it is. Of course life is not as gloomy as this post may imply. I am just feeling lost right now (a common theme on this blog is you sift through the archives) but I know it will pass. Good things lay ahead - I just can't see them yet. So I need to remind myself to focus on today. FYI, I am VERY bad at being present-minded! Thus, in moments like this I look to the wonders of children and the warm love that I feel for those in my family and push forward to the bright side of life.

No comments: