Friday, August 03, 2007

Instant Squee

I have a soft spot for teen drama on TV. I grew up on Degrassi. I was a 90210 fan in highschool. And even though I am well beyond my teen years I still enjoy a good show about young people trying to make their way.

A few years ago I stumbled upon a Canadian show called "Instant Star" created by the team that brought us Degrassi all those years ago. The premise surrounds Jude Harrison, a sparkly girl with a fantastic voice, who wins an American-Idol-esque contest and now must make her way in the big, band music industry. She is supported by her best friend, her sister and her band. She gets all angsty over ex-boyband member-turned-producer Tommey Q. She battles it out with company executive Darius (Maestro Fresh Wes!). I was sucked in from the start primarily because Tommy (Tim Rozon) has perfect cupid's bow lips and Jude (Alexz Johnson - who does all her own singing on the show) is both stunning and - gasp! - likeable.

So last night, in the middle of the 3rd season, these two characters finally committed some kissage. Yay! I really am a sucker for the inevitable character hookups - especially when the characters have chemistry like these two. You can catch up on all the "Instant Star" goodness (and cheesiness - I admit it!) on the CTV broadband network. It is always good to support Canadian talent.

No comments: