Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th is Funny!

Have you ever gone to the movies and watched the trailers and gone "Whoa!". Or what about that annoying feeling you get when the trailer spells out the entire film in the clips? I have always found trailers to be interesting things and they definately shape my interest in which films to see.

Recently I was reading an interview with director David Fincher and he commented on the original marketing for Seven that included the lines "Starring Morgan Freeman from Driving Miss Daisy and Brad Pitt from Legends of the Fall" and he laughed at how incongruous the connotations of these references were to the actual film.

Well, about a month ago my brother introduced me to a website called Trailer Mash and it reveals the amazing manipulative nature of these advertisements. By recutting the scenes, changing the music and adding new narration a trailer can offer a completely different experience.

So in honour of Friday the 13th I suggest you check out these titles:

Little Miss Sunshine as a horror film here.

Mary Poppins as a horror film here.

No comments: