Saturday, November 18, 2006

The East East Coast

I spent two days in Newfoundland this weekend. Thanks to may ever-amazing job, I was sent back to the Rock to do some training with our field staff there. This part of my work has become one of my favourite things and it has allowed me to see more of the Atlantic provinces then I would ever have imagined in a short time.

This time around I was on the east side of the island in the capital city of St. John's. First off, I have say how GREAT that city happens to be. It is small and quaint and busy and lively. All of the houses run in coloured rows right up to the street - no yards. The streets twist and connect with complete randomness. The restaurants are great and George street is quite the piece of real estate. (Sadly, I missed my opportunity it get "screeched in" as MUN pub crawls were keeping the taverns busy! - oh well, next visit.)

My favourite part of the trip my visit to Cape Spear this afternoon. On a clear, sunny, unseasonably warm (20 degrees!) November day I got to hang out on Canada's most eastern point. Thanks to a wind that could almost lift you off the ground, the view was gorgeous. The waves slammed into the point. The sun glowed above the lighthouse. There was a moment when I was completely alone and it was amazing

1 comment:

one of the McTs said...

Again your pictures are awesome, amazing, just just.. damn I just can't find the right words.. *giggles* again thank you thank you for posting such stunning shots! :) Love ya Aunty A xo