Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Wings + Beer = Friends

This semester I established a "Wings & Beer" evening for my fellow commerce students. The purpose of the event was to give me the chance to get to know some of the students that I wanted to know and hang out with those I liked. Well, thankfully it has done just that!

In back to back weeks, the Wings table has been packed with all sorts of people. It has become a commerce event on random Tuesday nights. Even with only 24-hr notice, the grape-vine can bring 30 people to the table. That feels great. It vindicates all those moments when I felt so uncool cause noone ever wanted to do what I wanted to do. It's like journalism pasta dinners at Volo all over again!

And, I have been lucky to slowly build a key group of Wings die-hards who make it to the events and stay till the end and beyond. Cheers to J-man, Beth, Tony, and Bri-guy and here's to a summer where we may actually hang with "school friends" outside of the borders of our institution and the timeline of Wings.

No comments: