Thursday, July 08, 2010

Action Plan

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

This quote came my way today and it made me feel great. Finally, a perspective that resonates with, what my boyfriend kindly calls, my "need to plan". Eisenhower has it right. It is not about the plan itself because I never believe the plan will come to be as designed. However, the act of planning is my greatest asset. It is what allows me to be spontaneous. Planning gives me the information I need to be flexible. The planning process is a pre-emptive tactic that can motivate action and support me in defeats. So I will continue to plan away knowing that my battles will not be won by the plan itself but what I learned along the way.

No comments: