Friday, March 19, 2010

My Train Has Lost It's GO

Here I am smiling at 7:45AM on the Go Train. This picture was taken in Week 1 of my commuting. Everything then was fresh and interesting in its novelty. I enjoyed waking up and taking my 15 minute walk to the station. It would wake me up. I enjoyed reading on the train. I enjoyed the routine of it all. That was Week 1.

I am now at the end of Week 6 and I am not so amused. It is not that I loathe the commute but you would be hard-pressed to find me this smiley on the train in the morning. I have come to realize that the challenge of the commute is the grind of it all. The very routine that I favoured in the beginning is now the thorn in my travelling side. Oh my side. It hurts. And my neck. It hurts. I hurt from being slumped in a pleather chair in a half-asleep state while being whisked in-and-out of the city. There is barely a morning now that I am awake for the entire trip. I can read about one chapter and then the sleepiness I thought was beaten on the walk come back with a fuzzy vengeance.

My morning zing! has dwindled and my brother has had to knock on my door more then once to make sure I was awake for the day. I have had more slow mornings, leading to more fast-paced walks, ending in more sweatiness to actually reach my train on time. I have to admit that I am running out of steam for this commuting thing. Hopefully I don't have much longer to go!

No comments: