Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cake Times Three

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! On my way to work this morning I treated myself to my favourite Starbucks chai latte and a chocolate cupcake with pink icing. Admittedly, Starbucks treats are less than fantastic and my cupcake looked better than it tasted but it was a pleasant way to start the work nonetheless. That was my first cake of the day.

Work was very hectic today. I am working on a presentation (I have somehow become a go-to powerpoint gal!) that has many layers of approval and much back-and-forth over the content. It is also for a program that I don't manage directly and so it takes me longer to get my thoughts and information in order. Thankfully, being busy at work makes the day go quickly! Sometimes too quickly. At 4:15pm, just as I was organizing my day-end and getting ready to run for the early train home, I was surprised with singing co-workers. What a treat. I really thought that I had left birthday parties at the office behind with my K-Team but I guess that is what I get for working with a long-time friend (thanks Jodi!). I also got my favourite flavour combination: Chocolate cake and raspberries. Yummy! Second cake of the day.

As a birthday treat I got home earlier than usual and was able to enjoy the decidedly spring-like weather (+16) with a bright skies. At my brother's place we sat in the backyard for the first time this season and drank beer. Then there was BBQ steak, baked potatoes and caesar salad for supper. And then more cake! Witness the awesome home-made cake that was made by my sis-in-law, niece and nephew! The icing is an old-family recipe that my mom used to put on all our birthday cakes. The secret ingredient is crispy crunch bars. It tasted like memories. YAY! for cake times 3!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! and your mom got that recipe from Grandma because she used to do that for my cake! lol ;) Love you xoxoxoxo Glad you had a great day!
Aunty A