Monday, March 22, 2010

Crush Yummy!

In 2007 I really wanted to see a movie called Jane Austen Book Club. I felt it would be a sweet slice of chick movie and I was right. It is a decent film with heart-warming performances by a stack of talented ladies. It also introduced me to Kevin Zegers!

Kevin Zegers! Yes, everytime I think of him it is done with exclamation points. Zegers is what you would call dreamy. In Book Club he plays a high school student attempting to seduce a teacher (Emily Blunt) and his magnetism is palpable. There is something sparkling in his eyes, etched along his narrow features, and teasing in his voice that makes you WANT to be seduced by him. he is capable of appearing innocent and dirty at the same time. He defines je ne sais quoi in the male form.

I had missed Zegers breakthrough performance as the son in Transamerica but did catch him as the son in The Stone Angel which proved he is more than a pretty face. Although often confused with pretty-boy Zac Efron, Zegers has distinquished himself with a quiet talent that subtley out-performs his contemporaries.

Then, this year he showed up on "Gossip Girl" playing a diplomat's son (and drug dealer) named Damian. And I was all, Kevin Zegers! Sadly, Kevin's role on GG has come to an end. I would have enjoyed having his hotness around for the entire season. Next up is a Bonnie & Clyde remake with him playing the titular Clyde Barrow and I am sure that Zegers will deftly handle a role immortalized by Warren Beatty. Too bad his co-star is Hillary Duff. You deserve better Kevin Zegers!

No comments: